The terms and conditions of this chapter, together with the general booking conditions, are applicable to the products and services related to car rental on the websites “www.cuballama.com”.
1. We are Cuballama, the trademark of Techrrific, Inc. a company incorporated under the laws of Ontario, Canada in conjunction with Altura Corporate World SL, a limited company registered in Spain that provides car rental and travel services through www.cuballama.com. In the meantime, the term "we" will refer to Cuballama and Altura while "you" will refer to the customer, meaning all the people named in the reservation, including those added or replaced at later dates.
2. Please read these conditions carefully. By checking "I have read, understood and agree with the booking conditions" you agree to comply with these conditions and confirm that you have the authority to accept these terms on behalf of all the people included in the group.
3. These terms and conditions contain in their entirety the agreement between us and the client and replace any prior understanding or agreement (whether oral or written) on the subject, and may not be corrected or modified unless expressly agreed in writing with Cuballama.
4. These terms and conditions contain certain exclusions and limitations of liability. If any part of the conditions turns out to be invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the conditions will remain valid. The condition that is not valid or inapplicable will be replaced by a valid and applicable alternative expression that results in the same meaning.
5. Car rental companies are independent companies and not agents or employees of Cuballama. Cuballama is not responsible for the acts, errors, omissions, guarantees, infractions or negligence of any of these suppliers, as well as for personal or property damage, death or other damages and costs derived from the above. Cuballama is not responsible and will not return money in case of delay, cancellation, excessive reservations, strikes, force majeure or other causes beyond its direct control, and will not be responsible for any additional expenses, omissions, delay, change of itinerary or other acts of the government or other authority.
1. By making a reservation on the Cuballama site, you accept these booking conditions. A mandatory contract will take place between you and us at the time we send you the confirmation of payment.
2. Cuballama does not accept reservations made by people under the age of 25.
3. To complete the reservation, the driver's license must be at least 2 years old. The additional driver costs from 5 to 10 USD per day - The name and surname of the driver must be listed in the reservation in the "Details and Comments" field
4. Documentation: You must present an original Passport and Driver's License, a photocopy or authorization for renewal is not valid. In case of non-compliance, there will be no right to claim (this for drivers based abroad). For Cuban drivers we will need Name and Surname and you must present an Identity Card.
5. Minimum rental days: 5 days. - The FIRST DAY OF RESERVATION defines the season, that is, if we book the 1st day in Baja everything will be LOW (even if the rest falls in ALTA) and vice versa.
6. It is essential for the reservation of cars (those that pick up from the airport) to have the flight number, arrival time and the airline with which it flies, without this the provider will not confirm the reservation.
7. We act as an intermediary agency of the supplier companies, in this case for car rental in Cuba, which means that the contracting of the product takes place between you and that supplier. However, we assume responsibility to you in the event that we have been negligent, have falsified important information or have violated any other relevant law.
8. Cuballama provides online booking services based on a response period of 7 business days. We will do everything in our power to confirm the requested services and if there is no availability, we will propose a similar option. Cuballama will not be obliged to provide you with a service at the price offered until the moment when your reservation is confirmed and we have received the payment, and is subject to variation according to the provider that is confirmed.
9. When you receive the confirmation notice and the voucher, it is your responsibility to check that all the data included in them is correct. You must print the voucher and take it with you to be presented to the representatives of the reserved service. In any case, in case of any problem, please contact us as soon as possible by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Once you have paid for your reservation, received the confirmation and the voucher for your services, the price of your reservation will not be changed. However, we reserve the right to change our prices at any time based on demand and availability.
2. The payment must be made in the manner specified on the website. Payments can be made in US Dollars (USD). At the time of payment, the total amount will be deducted from your credit card. In some cases, your financial institution may charge you fees.
3. The payment transaction will be processed securely.
At the time of entering the reservation information and paying for it, this confirmation will be pending and you will be contacted within the next 7 business days to confirm the reservation.
What is included in your reservation?
The rental of the car as confirmed in your reservation, it is the responsibility of the passenger upon receiving the rental quote to verify the data, to make the necessary correction.
What is not included in your reservation?
– Transportation between the airport and the rental office.
– Additional charges for picking up or delivering the car at international airports.
– Charges for additional driver (the contract only covers one driver).
– No fuel consumption.
– No deposit.
– Charges for delivering the car in a different province.
– Parking tickets and traffic fines.
In general, everything that is not specified in your confirmation is not included.
The following payments must be paid directly at the rental office in USD (American Dollars):
– Security Deposit: between 150.00 and 250.00 USD depending on the category of the car. (Returnable on delivery if the vehicle does not have an incident).
– Full fuel tank: between 60.00 and 70.00 USD at the time of picking up the car.
- Charge for pick-up and return at the airports: 20.00 USD at the time of pick-up and at the deposit (20.00 USD at each end) - In the event that the return of the vehicle is made in a place other than the pick-up of the car, that is, in a Province other than that of the pick-up of the car, you must pay
– Prepayment of a tank full of fuel (the vehicle must be returned with an empty tank since the renter will not refund any money for the excess fuel).
-If you want an additional driver: 5 to 10 USD per day per driver.
-Car Insurance: Depending on the offer, you may have already paid for this service at the time of booking. Please check your reservation. If it is not included, it has a cost of 15.00 USD onwards per day depending on the category of the car. Cuballama is not responsible for any change in the information that appears in the previous section since the amounts shown are approximate and in case you require it you must contact the car rental company directly to receive an updated list of prices.
– The confirmation voucher of Cuballama.
– Passport or identity document.
– Driver's license valid for all drivers (driver's licenses must be valid for the entire rental period and be more than two years old).
- Cash for insurance, security deposit and supplements.
If the previous documents are not presented, the reservation will be considered "no show" and therefore we will not accept any refund claim.
The Supplier provides the customer with a waiver of liability coverage, as long as he complies with the clauses contained in the vehicle lease agreement. The payment of the relief of liability coverage is mandatory for customers and is established in the rate for each category of vehicle. The payment of this coverage exempts from the responsibility of payment for the concepts:
- Damage to the vehicle.
- Loss of the vehicle.
Fire. Total or partial theft. Crash or Rollover. Accidents. Natural disasters. Damage to someone else's property or injuries to third parties that are caused when driving a vehicle on public roads.
Excluding the theft of accessories such as; Tires and tires (including spare parts), wiper blades and arms, intermittent side jewels, lifting equipment and its accessories, antennas and audio systems, as well as damage to tires and cameras as a result of punctures and blowouts.
In all the cases described, the customer must immediately notify the competent authorities of the event. Likewise, you must present to the Agency or Sales Office, before or at the time of liquidation of the vehicle lease, the proof issued by the Police, recording the formulation of the complaint, in case of loss or theft or report from the Police of the place of the event or the inspectors in the event of the occurrence of an accident.
Through this documentation, the Provider will determine if the user is exempt from payment for the damages caused, according to the liability relief coverage that he has paid.
When by means of the documents described above, it is determined that the user has not fulfilled the obligations that make him exempt from payment for the damages caused, he is obliged to pay the amount corresponding to the totality of the damages according to the price list of The Supplier.
The coverage covers during the term of the vehicle's lease and in the event of an accident up to twelve (12) hours after its expiration.
The coverage offered does not apply in cases where any of the following aspects occur:
Theft of tires and/or audio equipment. Partial theft, accident or fire due to negligent action of the client when it is proven by the competent authorities that he has been driving in a state of drunkenness or under the influence of illegal or similar drugs, or when the use of the vehicle in illicit activities is detected.
In the event that any of the aforementioned aspects occur, the customer will be held responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle and to third parties, being held responsible for the payment for the total damage caused.
This information of "Coverage of the Responsibility Relief" has no contractual value, it will be ratified at the time of signing the contract, when picking up the car at the rental company.
1. Although it is not our intention to make changes to your reservation, agreements with our suppliers are sometimes made well in advance and therefore we cannot have control of possible changes made by third parties.
2. In case of small changes we will do everything possible to notify you, however, we will not have the obligation to do so or to compensate you.
3. In case of major changes, for example, not having availability of the reserved car category, we will do our best to notify you before your arrival. In these cases you have the possibility to: - Accept the alternative that we can offer you. - Change your reservation, paying extra or receiving refunds for the difference. - Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund.
Any cancellation made after 24 hours will have an automatic charge of USD 50 and may be subject to other restrictions and additional charges depending on the time elapsed at the time of cancellation:
– 7 days before the service: one day of rent of expenses is charged.
– 6 days before the service: three days of rent of expenses are charged.
– 5 days: three days of expense rent are charged.
– 4 days before the service: four days of expense rental are charged.
– 3 days or less from the pick-up date: the full rent is charged, there is no refund.
Requests for cancellation or changes to the reservation must be made in writing through email, subject to availability by the provider.
If the customer does not show up on the day of the start of the reservation, that reservation will be considered automatically abandoned and we will not accept any request for reimbursement.( NO SHOW)
If after having started the service you decide not to use a part of the contracted days/nights, no refund can be made.
Modifications. Although it is not likely that we will make changes, Cuballama reserves the right to modify the cancellation terms at any time it deems it necessary, in some cases it will be without prior notice. By completing your order, you agree that your reservation will be subject to such changes.
Cuballama, will not refund money on any credit card other than the one used by you in the reservation process. If the refund process is made through bank transfer, we will deduct any additional bank charges from the total amount to be refunded.
1. Cuballama is not responsible for any damages or losses that may result from your trip to any particular destination.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the corresponding visa for the country you are visiting, as well as the relevant vaccines that are necessary. You can get more information about it at:
– The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your destination country.
– Immunization history requirements.
3. If you are a citizen of the United States of America, it is your responsibility to obtain the relevant documentation requested under the restrictions imposed by the Government of the United States of America for travel to Cuba. Cuballama will not assume responsibility of any kind if you do not obtain the relevant documentation prior to your trip to Cuba nor will we be responsible for any fine or lawsuit from the Department of the Treasury of the United States of America because of your trip to Cuba.
1. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate insurance that covers cancellations, loss of personal property, medical expenses, liability and other risks covered by the usual travel insurance. If you choose not to do so despite this advice, you and all the members of your group must compensate Cuballama and its representatives against any of the associated costs, which could have been covered if you had taken out insurance.
2. It is a mandatory requirement on the part of the Cuban authorities, that all people traveling to Cuba, foreigners and Cubans residing abroad, have an active medical insurance for the period of the stay in Cuba. At the time of entry into the country, all passengers must show proof of such insurance and otherwise they must pay for it with a Cuban insurer at the airport or they will be denied entry to the country. If for any reason you do not take this warning into account, we will not be responsible for any loss, damage or harm caused by not complying with this rule.
1. Nothing in these conditions excludes or restricts in any way our liability in the event of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, in the event of fraud or fraudulent falsehood or in any matter in which it is illegal or unlawful that we excluded, limited or tried to exclude or limit our liability. It also does not affect your legal rights as a consumer.
2. Our liability, based on contract, grievances (including negligence) or in connection with this agreement for any event or series of events will be limited to no more than the amount you paid for your reservation.
3. In no case do you have the right to claim after 30 days after the end of your reservation.
4. In no case (including negligence) will we be responsible for:
– Special, indirect and resulting losses.
– Any matter beyond our control including without limits: Interruptions in basic services such as oil, actions or omissions of the Cuban authorities or the loss or disruption of security with respect to your information by our Internet payment service provider.
5. Cuballama is not responsible for the actions or omissions of the providers of our services.
All claims must first be reported to the representatives of the car rental office. Cuballama will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by the acts, omissions or negligence of any of the service providers. In special cases you can contact us directly and the Cuballama team will do everything possible to be able to assist you in solving any inconvenience, as long as it is within our reach. Cuballama will not accept any refund claim if the customer did not contact the representatives at the time of the incident. We will not be responsible for any associated communication costs that you may have due to these causes. In order to process your incidents, it is essential that any claim be submitted by the customer at destination and registered in the corresponding model. Likewise, if it is necessary to make a refund, it is mandatory for the customer to present the proof of payment for said service. Without this documentation, we cannot defend the case before the suppliers.
Prices. The prices shown on each vehicle are updated according to the season of the year and it will be indicated how many days this price applies. The off-season in Cuba is usually from February 1 to April 3, April 22 to June 30 and from September 1 to November 30. The high season is from April 4 to 14, from July 1 to August 31 and from December 1 to January 31. However, this information may vary, so the final data of the price you will pay for the rental of the reserved vehicle will be the one agreed upon at the time of confirmation and payment of your reservation request.
Description. Both the photographs and the text that accompanies each vehicle, have as their sole purpose to illustrate the model offered and its main characteristics and it may not be the car that you will pick up. The products available at the time of collection at the offices in Cuba, may have differences in colors, year of manufacture, etc. with respect to those shown on our website. We will do our best to ensure that the description of the vehicles is correct, but we will not be responsible for possible errors or differences that may exist beyond our knowledge.
Categorization. The categorization of vehicles is determined by the rental company and does not necessarily coincide with some other categorization system. Occasionally, when there are no cars available in the specified category, the rental company will deliver a higher category. It is important to keep in mind that the categorization is decided by the rental company and Cuballama has no decision-making power over it. In general, the categories of automatic transmission are considered superior to their similar manual transmission. In extreme cases, when the car rental company is forced to deliver a car of a lower category, the difference between the two categories will be refunded if the customer accepts the change or the total amount if he wishes to cancel his reservation.
Pick-up location. Sometimes the place of collection of the car may be changed by the supplier from one office to another other than the one specified in your reservation. In cases where this happens, Cuballama will not facilitate or pay for the transfer of the customer to the new collection office. Under no circumstances will Cuballama compensate financially for any inconvenience, loss of time, etc., that this situation may cause.
Condition of the car. Cuballama acts as an intermediary and therefore cannot be responsible for the condition of the rental cars, nor for any delay related to the collection and/or delivery of the car. In the event that the customer wants to make a claim to the car company, Cuballama will offer the necessary support for such claim as much as we can.